Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario:TTYD Does Not Save Correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like the title says this is the only game that cannot seem to save correctly.Any ideas?I have played and saved 7 other games with 0 issues.I made it to when Goombella joins you,I rested at the inn and then saved it.But when I went to load the profile it just says "New" and starts from the opening cutscenes.

Heres a pic of the screen
https://i.imgur.com/cyTsc9q.png

Any ideas?  Huh I hope this is the right place for this.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64
Processor/CPU: 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5-3230M
Video Card/GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® 710M/
Memory/RAM: DDR3 RAM 1,600 MHz
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0-Latest Nightlys

Also my bio includes a link for the laptops pdf which contains alot of details
I forgot to mention I am playing the +Extra version if that matters :|
It could be a bug in the hack.
(11-22-2017, 01:18 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It could be a bug in the hack.

I'll have to try out a clean version then,I'll post results.

Edit:Still won't save right,all the other games are saving and loading fine.Its an odd problem.
Still having the problem even with another new nightly released,this is one of my favorite gamecube games.Hope I can figure this out somehow.I tested Xenoblade Chronicles and it also saves just fine so most Gamecube and a Wii game work.
(11-30-2017, 11:43 AM)Burningocean2012 Wrote: [ -> ]Still having the problem even with another new nightly released,this is one of my favorite gamecube games.Hope I can figure this out somehow.I tested Xenoblade Chronicles and it also saves just fine so most Gamecube and a Wii game work.

Try using the portable.txt mode (https://pt.dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/c...directory/), where you don't use the "Dolphin Emulator" directory under Documents, but in the same folder of your dolphin.exe. Make sure the folder with your .exe is inside the root of your C: drive.

Do this because it might be a restriction problem. I had this issue with Ubershaders, where they kept recompiling over and over again. Though its weird other games are saving and this one isn't but its worth the shot.
(11-30-2017, 10:45 PM)vitormg93 Wrote: [ -> ]Try using the portable.txt mode (https://pt.dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/c...directory/), where you don't use the "Dolphin Emulator" directory under Documents, but in the same folder of your dolphin.exe. Make sure the folder with your .exe is inside the root of your C: drive.

Do this because it might be a restriction problem. I had this issue with Ubershaders, where they kept recompiling over and over again. Though its weird other games are saving and this one isn't but its worth the shot.

That did it!Thank you so much!I screwed up and manually overwrited my Xenoblade save but that's fine,i was only about an hour i ]n and I've heard it a huge game.Gonna have so much fun with TTYD once I get to it. Big Grin
(12-01-2017, 08:59 AM)Burningocean2012 Wrote: [ -> ]That did it!Thank you so much!I screwed up and manually overwrited my Xenoblade save but that's fine,i was only about an hour i ]n and I've heard it a huge game.Gonna have so much fun with TTYD once I get to it. Big Grin

Nice! Happy gaming  Big Grin