Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games keep crashing after main menus.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

imreloadin

So I've played LoZ Wind Waker for several hours already and got through 95% of the current dungeon I'm on and saved my game and closed out of Dolphin. When I am trying to get back into it however Dolphin constantly crashes whenever I try to change rooms from the entryway to the dungeon.

I recently updated the driver on my GTX 970 so I rolled that back and it still does it. I tried updating to a newer version of Dolphin and it still does it as well.
What I don't get is that I completed everything in that dungeon up until the boss battle a couple of days ago and now it keeps crashing in the beginning of it.
I tried changing my backend from Vulkan to OpenGL and DX11 to see if it was an issue with that but it still crashes as well.

I just tried a different game, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and it lets me get through the menus and choose my character but crashes when I try to actually start match so it's not isolated to Wind Waker.

Any help would be appreciated, let me know if you need any other information from me. I created a dump file for it when it crashed and the dropbox link to it is below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9nc3cbb3qfm1v...mp.7z?dl=0

imreloadin

So as an update I found that it is sporadic now and that it seems that sound triggers it.
I noticed that crashed whenever I made Link hit the wall with his sword, make a bomb blow up, or the closing of the doors to other rooms.
I double checked my driver install to make sure that the HD Audio driver was installed as well but that doesn't seem to have affected it.
It sounds like something is seriously going wrong... do you have cheats enabled?

imreloadin

(11-22-2017, 01:20 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like something is seriously going wrong... do you have cheats enabled?

No, I've never enabled them on there. I just double checked and it's still unchecked.