Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Computer crash due to Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mace Windex

First off, I have been using Dolphin Emulator for well over a year now, and have had no problem with it until recently. Normally, my ROMS work perfectly fine, but after a system restore on my computer, launching any type of ROM crashes my entire computer. Trying different versions of Dolphin usually leads to the same problem. The area where you would normally open a game, save/load states, etc., becomes frozen, and doesn't work either. How do I solve this problem since this is the first time I have ever had a problem with this emulator? I am also using Windows 10 if that becomes of any assistance.
Obviously Dolphin isn't the source of your problem since it was working fine before you did a system restore. Something within Windows is the culprit. I'd recommend making sure all your drivers are up to date. That includes going to NVidia's website and installing the latest graphic drivers from there. If it still crashes, try different graphic backends. Enable / disable dual core & set everything to default settings and work your way up from there
Running "sfc /scannow" from a command prompt or PowerShell prompt with administrator privileges might be a good idea, too.