Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The emulator messes up my controller and keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

IrvingWash

At first sorry for my english. Just bought a new contoller (Defender Scorpion L3). I should mention that it works fine in Steam and PPSSPP. But I can't configure controls in dolphin in nor dinput neither xinput. If dinput is selected Dolphin messes up keys (for example when I push B on the gamepad, it recognizes it as Space on keyboard), somehow when I drag right stick the mouse curser moves (only when the app is opened), and the emulator doesn't recognize dpad keys at all. When I choose xinput, it finely recognizes some buttons, but completely doesn't see ABXY and some others. How can I fix it?

IrvingWash

I forgot to mention that I am using Windows 8.1, and the gamepad supports xinput, and it is recognized by system as xbox 360 controller.

IrvingWash

If I rightclick on a button and select Xinput, the list with selectable buttons doesn't contain ABXY buttons
Have you verified that the drivers for the controller are properly installed?

yaacov.e

Hi, I'm actually encountering a  similar problem. I use 8bitdo retro receiver for a remote connection to my controllers and it appears Dolphin does not support them for some reason. I tried the following:
1. Different Controllers: DualShock 4 and 8bitdo NES30Pro.
2. Verifying windows supports it via Joystick configuration tool (yes).
3. Playing with them on Steam (works great).
4. Opening Dolphin via Right-Click of the mouse on "Run program as administrator" (no good).

It is consistent whether i'm trying to configure a gamecube controller or simulated wii mote.

Any help?