Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Some interesting vulkan API effects Android discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Detharias

Dear Dolphin Forums   

Been having a great time with Dolphin, it's great to have my GameCube library on the go, and it's been wonderful having new features everytime you grow, and normally I just brows the forums, and read your wonderful monthly progress reports, but now with ubershaders, and other great things being implemented, I would like to bring some attention to what vulkan really can look like on Android, and I don't generally see any posts regarding this, so I thought I would finally make an account and put it out there, it's been an issue sense day one of vulkan being an option, and sense the same problems persist, I want at least someone to maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if this is just a dolphin issue, thanks

Detharias (not my name, just a man who need amore Mana)

P.s. that black doesn't clear up, just gets worse until black screen
Would very much like some replies, and some discussion
You're not doing anything wrong. Phones are just bad at handling the way Dolphin uses Vulkan.

Detharias

(11-09-2017, 05:04 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You're not doing anything wrong. Phones are just bad at handling the way Dolphin uses Vulkan.

That has definitely been my experience, and I completely understand, sad because Opengl is just quit awful at rendering menus, and so much of the texture overlays are just straight up not rendered, wind waker without any of the sun effects, but that is how emulation works after all

Detharias

(11-09-2017, 05:04 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You're not doing anything wrong. Phones are just bad at handling the way Dolphin uses Vulkan.

Also, thanks for the fast reply