Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Double Dash 30 FPS Lock (LAN Mode)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

EXtraktor

Hey guys.

I recently managed to run 2 Dolphin Emulators on 2 different devices and connect them via the BBA and open vpn. Everything just works fine although when i use the 4 player splitscreen while in LAN Mode, the fps are suddenly locked to 30, which is quite choppy for a game like this.

I know this issue is on the "original" hardware aswell but i read about some small code i can "insert" in dolphin which forces the game to stay at 60fps.

Does anybody know exactly how to do that? Help would be much appreciated.

I am using Dolphn 5.0 and my specs are:

i7 7700K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz
GTX 1070
Win10 x64
Dolphin and Games are installed on the same SSD

Regards

Extraktor
You could try overclocking the emulated CPU, until it reaches the desired framerate (it´s somewhere in the Config window).

Also, because 4-player mode is way more demanding than single player, the game developers locked down the framerate so the GC could handle it without any problem.

For best results, update to latest dev build first.
This Action Replay code makes the game run at 30fps. 0448C388 00000002
The next code should force it to run at 60fps, but I never tested out LAN to find out. 0448C388 00000001

cruchercrouch

(11-06-2017, 12:09 AM)LAN help needed! Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys, first post and I am hoping someone can assist me with MarioKart Double Dash.  I have two Windows 10 Pro PC's running the game with no issues.  I am tying to link them for LAN play.  I have a crossover cable connecting them (which is working for other titles on different emu's).

I have (finally) installed the TAP network adapter V9 on both machines successfully.  I have bridged the TAP and the ethernet (crossover) connections on both machines but the game won't link.

I get passed the initial linking screen to the one that counts down a timer from 180 but it gets to the end and doesn't find any other GC systems on the network.  Tried several times.  

I unplugged the crossover cable, connected both PC's wirelessly to a disused  router, bridged the wireless and TAP networks and still no luck.

Does anyone have a step by step guide on how to do this?  

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks