Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How does my PC stack up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm just wondering, is my PC is good enough to get the most out of Dolphin 5.0?

CPU: AMD - FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
GPU: Gigabyte - Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card
Memory: Corsair - XMS 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

I've read that AMD processors the same generation as mine aren't great with Dolphin and I know my video card is dated but I'm hoping that with some setting tweaks I can get most games working smoothly.
Don't expect most games to run flawlessly without a significant CPU overclock on that already high TDP processor.
Yeah, that's what I was expecting to hear...

Are there any settings I can tweak to help with this? I'd even be happy if I could set a game to run solid at 80% rather than between 80 and 100% with drops.
default settings are going to be the fastest and most stable.

You can try skipping EFB access to CPU in graphics > Advanced
Can I lock my frame rate to a target number (either via options or editing a file)? I think that might help with some games that run okay but lose playability due to stuttering.
And never mind, I found that option. I'll play around with it and see what results I can get.
emulated games in dolphin are designed to run at specific framerates with a few exceptions. If you limit the framerate to something lower than the game was designed for, the game speed and audio will also slow down accordingly.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. Considering that I was already getting drops to around where I set the limiter to having a steady lower rate, especially for a fighting game like Def Jam, was preferable to a higher average frame rate with random dips.

I was just looking for a frame limiter or FPS option and passing game speed even though it was what I needed.