Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error & crash when opening Wii settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I've finally got round to getting my NAND dumped from my Wii (vWii actually on Wii U) and it's all working ok. I'm really impressed that I can download my games again from the Wii Shop! However I can't get into the system settings which is a bit of a pain. I'm getting this error message and I can't find anything on the internet to suggest why.

Unknown pointer 0x0f972600 PC 0x81574394 LP 0x81572988

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Your NAND may be corrupted - that was the case with mine.

The crash can be a lot of things - the vWii NAND may be modified from the Wii NAND, meaning it's not fully compatible. Also, you could have done something in Dolphin that corrupted it - if that's the case, just run the NAND check in the very latest builds of Dolphin (be very careful with it, and follow instructions carefully. It can delete savefiles of incomplete titles if you give it permission.)

The other thing is that if your region settings are really weird it can screw up too. Who knows if Nintendo did any hacks on the Wii U...
(11-05-2017, 04:08 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Your NAND may be corrupted - that was the case with mine.

The crash can be a lot of things - the vWii NAND may be modified from the Wii NAND, meaning it's not fully compatible.  Also, you could have done something in Dolphin that corrupted it - if that's the case, just run the NAND check in the very latest builds of Dolphin (be very careful with it, and follow instructions carefully.  It can delete savefiles of incomplete titles if you give it permission.)

The other thing is that if your region settings are really weird it can screw up too.  Who knows if Nintendo did any hacks on the Wii U...

I've just tried the "Check NAND..." option and it says "No issues have been detected". How do I go about changing the region settings, I can't see anything in the menus to change it. I had messed around a fair bit in order to get the NAND to work in the first place. The import tool didn't work at first, so I had to use the other method in order to get it to work. i.e. using NAND tools. I presume I had to do this as it was a vWii rather than a standard one.

I was able to update the Wii via the "Perform Online System Update", if that's related in anyway. Checked the NAND after the update and got the ok message again.