Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough doesn't find remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey

I have a laptop with Intel wireless bluetooth that I overwrote with Zadig and it connects and works perfectly in dolphin with my golden wii motion+ remote.

Now I wanted to set it up on a friends PC, but ran into some trouble. On there we have a CSR 8510 A10 USB bluetooth module. On our frist try with installing libusbk with Zadig it timed out. We then restarted deleted the usb-driver folder in users and tried again with zadig and it installed in no time without problem. 

Within dolphin the sync button appear so it seems to recognise the driver, but when we try to sync the remote just keeps flashing and never connects. I already reset it from the laptop and I have no problems connecting or resetting from my old laptop.

On the wiki it says that the CSR 8510 A10 module is supported with a few limitations, so IDK what is wrong.
I have that module and works fine, with the limitations noted.

Before trying the suggestions below, let's do the obvious one and from the dolphin general config screen, make sure to uncheck "Pause on focus lost". This will allow the game to continue running when you open the controller setup screen and press the sync button. I bet this is your issue.

A couple of things you could try if the above is not the problem:
- Open dolphin.ini file and delete the VID, PID and passthrough keys lines. When you launch dolphin again, they will be reset
- Delete the sysconf file from your emulated NAND files (just search for sysconf in Documents\Dolphin Emulator
- Go to Device Manager, right click on the UsbDK entry and roll back the driver to the Windows default, then reinstall with Zadig

I'm not sure if this will fix your issue but its' worth a try.
We just tried it out. "Pause on focus lost" was not checked, I don't think it per default.

We tried the other option. The last part about UsbDK is a bit different, we couldn't find anything named UsbDK in device manager, but we could find the libusbK driver on the bluettoth device so we tried rolling that one back instead.

Nothing worked, we even tried to copy the key from my PC to his, but dolphin didn't like that Big Grin

IDK if this has anything to do with it but the USB ID is: 0A12 0001.

Any other ideas?
Hmm. I'm not sure what else you could try. Once dolphin would recognize my adapters, pairing has not been one of the many problems I have encountered.

One last thing to try would be to uninstall the device from Device Manager, checking the box for "delete the drivers". Then make Device Manager scan for hardware changes, which will find the BT module again and install the default windows drivers. Finally I would install the libusbk driver with Zadig once more. I'm grasping at straws at this point.