Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can new NAND fixes be used to launch all games from Wii System Menu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was reading through the progress report blog post for October and was reminded of the days when I used to launch all my games from USB Loader GX on my real Wii.  The feature I liked the most from this launcher was the fact that it sported a mock system menu with all the games in your list (VC, WW and disc based) in the familiar channel grid and, most importantly, with working banner animations.  

Is it possible to somehow install all games from one's hard drive to dolphin's NAND as channels, being able to see the banner animations and exceeding the original Wii channel limitation?
You can only install games that actually are channels (not disc-based games), and Dolphin's NAND has limited space.
OK. Thanks for the info. Back in the day, before I started using USB Loader GX, I would create forwarder channels in the Wii System Menu that would display the banner for a disc game as a normal channel and would launch the discs. This was pretty cool but was still limited by the amount of channel you could install.
Dolphin will still have that limitation.
Technically you can install channels to the SD card, which can be up to 32GB big and store more channels.
That might be worth trying. I would have to figure out how to make forwarder channels work in dolphin. Probably not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the tip.
(11-04-2017, 07:53 AM)themanuel Wrote: [ -> ]I would have to figure out how to make forwarder channels work in dolphin. Probably not worth the hassle.

Since they rely on cIOS, they won't work at all.
This would be a good feature for a front-end if it were possible to run banners perhaps through emulation.