Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ripping Gamecube games with slot-loaded drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Arithyce

My system has a slot-loaded drive and i am wondering if it is possible to use it without the small disc getting stuck?
I would like suggestions/opinions on this, thanks.
Do you have a drive that can dump discs? Otherwise there is no point in finding out.

Arithyce

I use ImgBurn which works for Playstation 1 & 2, is there something different about Gamecube games?
(11-02-2017, 02:45 AM)Arithyce Wrote: [ -> ]I use ImgBurn which works for Playstation 1 & 2, is there something different about Gamecube games?

Yes - it needs to read data tracks that the *vast* majority of drive firmwares don't allow access to. There's a list of known-working drives here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...wii-needed

They tend to be older models too, and even then it can be a pain to get working.

99% of the time, it's *much* easier to just install homebrew channel on a wii and use cleanrip.

Arithyce

(11-02-2017, 02:57 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]99% of the time, it's *much* easier to just install homebrew channel on a wii and use cleanrip.

Good thing i kept my Wii then... Thanks.