Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - freezing when saving and teleporting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dannyg86

Hello everyone.

The wiki doesn't list any problems with this game at all, but I don't believe it is true.

I've had these issues for as long as I can remember.

When you reach a save point and click save, it freezes the game. Not every save point, but it does happen. For me, I can't save it after killing the rats (first mission).

After killing the rats and not saving, clicking teleport results in the loading screen showing as expected, but running at about 5fps.

I hope my specs and dolphin version shows up on this post after entering it into my registration form... But just in case:
  • i7-4790k @ 4.6ghz
  • 16GB DDR3 RAM @ 1833mhz
  • MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

All dolphin settings set to default. Using the latest fault build, but it has happened since v4.x.

Steps to reproduce:

- Save the game in the tavern before going down to the cellar to start the first mission.

- Break everything, pots, boxes etc and collect everything as you progress through each room.

- Once you've killed all the rats, break and collect everything in the final room (the one with the save point)

- Try to save the game. Once you hit x, the game will freeze.

Thanks in advance
Does your md5 sum match a good copy of the game? You can verify using the websites gametdb or redump

dannyg86

Quote:KHg8m3r
Does your md5 sum match a good copy of the game? You can verify using the websites gametdb or redump
I'll check. Thank you

dannyg86

It was indeed a bad dump.

I've had a single freeze so far, and I'm about an hour or so in.
Was it a game-crashing freeze?