Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: HDMI 3D not working in 5.0-5667
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

marsovac

Hi forum people! Could you please help me with a problem?
I have a Philips 55PUS7100/12 3D TV.

I am not able to run games in HDMI 3D mode.

The games run ok if I use 3D side by side, but this is a nuisance since I need to change manually the 3D mode on the TV and also is a 3D quality issue since Side by side has half horizontal resolution while HDMI 3D send two full 1080p images.

This issue happens in all three accelerated modes (D3D11, OpenGL, Vulkan) but a bit different.

In OpenGL and Vulkan when running a game the emulator simple dies and disappears without any notification.
In D3D I get a swapchain error as in:

[attachment=16445]

The screen behind is black and accepting closes the messagebox and all the rest is frozen. Task kill is the only way to close the emulator.

I am positive that HDMI 3D works fine since I can view movies in 3D fine with Cybelink PowerDVD or PotPlayer by converting the doubled video image into Stereoscopic3D and the TV automatically switches to 3D mode.

Computer spec:

Intel i7 7700K
32 GB DDR4
AMD RX Vega 56 8GB

Dolphin version 5.0-5667

I have another display attached but it it currently disabled in Windows10.
The TV is display number 2 and windows is setup to show only on display 2.
The other display is LG 29UM68-P, an Ultrawide 2560x1080 FreeSync monitor attached via DisplayPort cable.

Can somebody help me to set it up so that it works with HDMI 3D?
I can provide debug info if you tell me what to do. I am technically adept with the PC.

These are the graphic settings I use in Dolphin which work fine for me in the games I have:

General:
[attachment=16446]

Enhancements (HDMI 3D here does not work):
[attachment=16447]

Hacks:
[attachment=16448]

Advanced (using custom textures for some games):
[attachment=16449]

Regards