Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: failed to create Vulkan instance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

edge1337

So I wanted to try out Vulkan performance, but Intel is not supporting (yet) my chipset on Windows, so I installed Ubuntu 17.10(which does support Vulkan with Mesa), and using instructions on building Dolphin, built the last dev build. The Dolphin installed without errors, but I can't use Vulkan, says "failed to create Vulkan instance" after selecting it in settings. I tried some solutions I googled, like editing "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" file to enable DRI3 and copying libs from LunarG SDK, both didn't help. Also I checked the logs, this is the message I'm getting after selecting Vulkan as backend:
Code:
09:43:380 VideoBackends/Vulkan/VulkanLoader.cpp:314 E[Video]: (CreateVulkanInstance) vkCreateInstance failed:  (-9: VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER)
09:43:380 Common/MsgHandler.cpp:92 E[*]: Warning: Failed to create Vulkan instance.
[*]
Also, the message I'm getting when trying to run a game on Vulkan:

Code:
39:49:299 VideoBackends/Vulkan/VulkanContext.cpp:169 E[Video]: Vulkan: Missing required extension VK_KHR_surface.
39:49:299 Common/MsgHandler.cpp:92 E[*]: Warning: Failed to create Vulkan instance.
39:50:664 Common/MsgHandler.cpp:92 E[*]: Warning: Failed to initialize video backend!
[*][*]

Any help appreciated!
I have been looking online for a solution, but it actually seems like the extension VK_KHR_Surface is missing from the Intel HD 4400 iGPU in MESA. so it seems it isn't compatible with Dolphin's implementation that needs this extension.

edge1337

(11-01-2017, 01:38 AM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]I have been looking online for a solution, but it actually seems like the extension VK_KHR_Surface is missing from the Intel HD 4400 iGPU in MESA. so it seems it isn't compatible with Dolphin's implementation that needs this extension.

So, I guess that means no Vulkan for me. Thanks for your reply.