Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario TTYD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kali

I have two games on my laptop that run with moderate success on Dolphin. SA1, and SA2. I'm now trying to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, but I keep running into the same problem, with no evident means to fix it. At the start of the game, I create/load my save file, go through the boat cut-scene and BAM, crash. When I search for solutions to my problem, the forums either entail another problem with the game, or when it does have to do with my problem, there's NO evident solution. Please help, my PC specs aren't all that great, that being said, I somehow got it to work once before deleting my save, so I don't believe it has to do with my specs. The wiki isn't helpful in the slightest, and I get my other games to run at a consistent 60 with little to no problems. When I use a development version, it at least gives me a panic handler claiming my driver doesn't support bounding boxes (even though I got it to work before) so my game may get glitchy, I'm fine with that, but directly after, dolphin crashes.
Switch graphics backend to OpenGL while you're using a recent development version.

Kali

(10-30-2017, 07:27 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Switch graphics backend to OpenGL while you're using a recent development version.

Now it's saying "Failed to create shared context for shader compiling."
Intel HD3000 won't cut it for bounding box.
(10-30-2017, 11:32 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Intel HD3000 won't cut it for bounding box.

I thought I saw a PR a while back which implemented a software fallback in case the GPU didn't support it?

Can you make sure that you dump of Paper Mario is correct by computing the MD5 and checking it against gametdb.com?
AFAIK the fallback still is hardware based, it just don't need, let's say, cutting-edge support (e.g. OpenGL 4.4+, DX11)...