Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skyward Sword HD Texture. Failed to load dxgi.dll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the latest version of Dolphin_x64 (5.5730) and downloaded SweetFX from this site: http://sfx.thelazy.net/downloads/ - but I just can't get it to work. 

Everytime I get the error: Failed to load dxgi.dll - and Dolphin crashes. No matter what game I try to launch. The instructions seem pretty simple, just paste the 64 bit versions of the dll files to the parent directory where Dolphin.exe is located. If I use the other dlls, nothing happens (i guess... obviously)

So I googled a bit and found several threads but I can't find an answer.

I'm basically trying to get the HD texture pack for Skyward Sword to work.
I also tried putting that SOUE01 Folder without sweetFX into the Dolphin Emulator, but it doesn't make any difference, I checked with a lot of screenshots but cannot find any difference.

Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction
To ask the obvious question, if you remove sweetfx and you are running Dolphin entirely vanilla, does it work?
yes. The error only occurrs when I have dxgi.dll (the 64bit version) in the directory where dolphin.exe is.

and after that message appears twice, another message appears:

failed to create 3D3 Device.

Also, I get the same error message when clicking on the Graphics Icon in the Dolphin interface.
Sweetfx doesn't work with Dolphin.
how can I get the hd texture pack to work then?
SweetFX has nothing to do with dolphin and HD texture packs.
Ok, I never installed a hd texture pack before. So this one is the first one interesting enough that I found. It is linked in the dolphin wiki http://skyward-sword-remastered.tumblr.com/download on the bottom it says, important sweetfx, so I thought this was needed.

But how do I get it to work?
Put the texture pack folder (named something like SOUE01 or SOU in the case of Skyward Sword) in Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Load/, then enable the setting Load Custom Textures. You should also enable Prefetch Custom Textures in order to improve the performance.

zahdab

which texture is used for hearts on the top left of the screen ? i am trying to make my UI semi transparent i managed to do it for the permanent rupy texture
not sure how to do it for the
- hearts
- numbers next to the rupy
- shields
Please see our rules about necroposting. This thread is over 2 years old. We advise you to make a new thread with as much information as possible regarding your questions about HD textures.