Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Arc Rise Fantasia - cutscene FPS loss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting extreme slowdown and FPS loss during cutscenes that I havn't seen, but only up to the point I havn't viewed them. If I go back and watch them again, they won't lag, it only happens when I get to a point in the cutscene I havn't seen. Any ideas? This never used to be a problem for me, and the game runs fine outside of this issue, no idea whats causing it.
What dolphin version are you using?
That sounds like shader compilation stuttering. Try updating to the latest development version of Dolphin and then setting ubershaders to hybrid and the graphics backend to Direct3D 11. (Direct3D 11 is currently the best choice when using Nvidia GPUs with hybrid ubershaders, but it's not necessarily the best in other scenarios.)
(10-23-2017, 07:53 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What dolphin version are you using?

Was using 5.0, used the more recent ones to test.
(10-23-2017, 07:54 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds like shader compilation stuttering. Try updating to the latest development version of Dolphin and then setting ubershaders to hybrid and the graphics backend to Direct3D 11. (Direct3D 11 is currently the best choice when using Nvidia GPUs with hybrid ubershaders, but it's not necessarily the best in other scenarios.)

Thanks for the ideas, I downloaded it and tried, intro scene played perfectly until it got to the later part I haven't watched, then the issue rose it's head again unfortunately. Tried the disabled and the other option too, happens with all of them.