Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: speed up the games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ghosthunter

Hello Peeps,

Manny people have a second monitor running programs , now here is some problems into that lowers the speed realy down to 4FPS and you can make normal atleast 30FPS.

Here is the trick to get some better results out of it.
( sorry this is written only for nvidia cards , but for ATI I know there are also this options somwhere to find)

1. run the NVIDIA setting , Found most in your taskbar by the clock
2. go to the NVIDIA Controlpanel
3. open or go to the advanced settings ( or it aleady open )
4. By "seleckt a task...." you see 3d Settings ....pull this open
5. Choose "manage 3D settings"...right there wil be a new window be opened.
6. There are 2 Tab's visible "global-and Programsettings". Go to the program Settings.
7. Now select a program to be costimize: choose by the "add" button ofcourse "dolphinil.exe" by looking around the harddrive where you did put it .
8. After choosen this you see a long list with beginning "Feature ....|....Setting " at the top of all filterstuff
9. scroll down to "Multi-display/mixed-GPU accelaration".
10 set this option to "Single display performance mode"
11. "apply" this setting and run the whole game again Cool

Now all POWER from your Videocard is not longer split up on 2 screens but focused on your main screen.

I know that a lot of people have 2 screens so this is maybe solved for now.
Also maybe a good idea for the programmers to fucus on single screen.

Ghosthunter
I have ati and dual displays and I do the same...guess I thought it'd never affect it. I'll disable my TV and try and see. ETA coming soon.
@ghoshunter, Dolphin is CPU dependant. It won't help at all.
(04-09-2009, 12:30 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]@ghoshunter, Dolphin is CPU dependant. It won't help at all.

Yeah you're probably right, it didn't do sh*t for me...
Big Grin
Well, some people having two monitors had serious slowdowns (low-end cards maybe?) and disabling multi monitor helped.

I suppose with mid-end and high-end cards would not have problems though.