Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: emulate midi pro adapter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
can i emulate a midi pro adapter so i can use a real electronic drum kit for rock band 3?
Dolphin can't emulate that adapter, but if you have a real one, you should be able to use it with USB passthrough. Also, if you're fine with not being able to use all the cymbals, you can emulate a Guitar Hero drum kit and map your real drum kit to that.
(10-17-2017, 11:07 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin can't emulate that adapter, but if you have a real one, you should be able to use it with USB passthrough. Also, if you're fine with not being able to use all the cymbals, you can emulate a Guitar Hero drum kit and map your real drum kit to that.

i want to buy one but they're either too expensive or only sold in the USA, i live in the Netherlands Sad
(10-17-2017, 11:07 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin can't emulate that adapter, but if you have a real one, you should be able to use it with USB passthrough. Also, if you're fine with not being able to use all the cymbals, you can emulate a Guitar Hero drum kit and map your real drum kit to that.

Why not add Rock Band Pro drums to the extensions list? With mapping for extra keys for the cymbals?
It's not correct to use guitar hero drum set mapping on the rock band.
(11-07-2020, 05:29 AM)Originalas Wrote: [ -> ]Why not add Rock Band Pro drums to the extensions list? With mapping for extra keys for the cymbals?

Rock Band drums are not a Wii Remote extension, they are a USB device. While it would be nice to add support for them, emulating a USB device of this kind is not a trivial task.
I have received my Mad Catz Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-ADAPTER for Wii Smile

The only question which device I should choose in the USB passthrough?  Rock Band Drum Set or some other adapter dongle?  
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough
(11-21-2020, 09:14 PM)Originalas Wrote: [ -> ]I have received my Mad Catz Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-ADAPTER for Wii Smile

The only question which device I should choose in the USB passthrough?  Rock Band Drum Set or some other adapter dongle?  
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough

I don't believe "Rock Band Drum Set" is correct. Most likely, nobody has added the MIDI adapter to the list yet, so the adapter will show up without a name inside Dolphin. If you find out what VID and PID the adapter has, let me know and I'll see if I can get it added to the list.
[Image: 50629953182_ee8d76742f_b.jpg]

I have installed libusbK driver  
Whitelisted USB passthrough device, it does appear as unknown in the dolphin 

Though no buttons on the adapter or drum pads work in Rock Band 3. Seems like it's still not recognized. Maybe I need to add something in the config file too? 

And adapter works fine with default drivers as windows gamepad. 
Ok, I have switch to another USB hub and it works! With all cymbals, even both pedals and it's super accurate in USB passthrough, 5 stars instantly on the first play attempt!

[Image: 50629953552_ba49ecf5de_b.jpg]

USB passthrough is the only way to play. The same adapter pluged as Windows controller is not even close to accuracy and speed of the passthrough. 
This RB3 Midi adapter is better even than the real GH:WT drumkit with raphnet adapter I have been using till now. Smile 
That's good to hear Smile

If you have some time to spare, could you try switching the adapter to the keyboard and guitar modes and see if it has a different VID, PID or name there? That way I can add that to the list too.
Pages: 1 2