Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Recommendation on Settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Axeofury

I've used Dolphin in the past with lower quality PCs but now that i have something much better i was wondering which settings would be optimal so i can stay at 60 fps with atleast 2x native on for 720p. My spec are as follows.

Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i7-6700k CPU 4.00GHz Quad-Core
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
16GB RAM

Would like to stay away from the temp overclock option if possible but if thats all i can do then i will.
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance is what im trying to play. Ty in advance Wink

Also there is an error that comes up sometimes when the game idles call FIFO is overflown by GatherPipe, CPU thread is too fast! not sure if this is hardware related so i figured i would throw it in.
(10-16-2017, 06:05 PM)Axeofury Wrote: [ -> ]I've used Dolphin in the past with lower quality PCs but now that i have something much better i was wondering which settings would be optimal so i can stay at 60 fps with atleast 2x native on for 720p. My spec are as follows.

Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i7-6700k CPU 4.00GHz Quad-Core
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
16GB RAM

Would like to stay away from the temp overclock option if possible but if thats all i can do then i will.
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance is what im trying to play. Ty in advance Wink

Also there is an error that comes up sometimes when the game idles call FIFO is overflown by GatherPipe, CPU thread is too fast! not sure if this is hardware related so i figured i would throw it in.

CPU thread too fast... does this also happen when you turn off Dualcore in the settings?

Your computer should be able to handle the game at atleast 1440p (4x IR) at its native FPS... So please make sure that you are on the High performance Windows 10 power profile and that Prefer maximum performance is selected in your nvidia control panel. Also make sure that you are not accidently running Dolphin on your integrated Intel GPU.

Axeofury

I'm not sure if it does it with Dualcore off because i get major frame drops without dualcore (from 50-60 FPS to 30-40) and thank you for mentioning power profile and nvidia i forgot that i can tweak those. will see how 1080p runs with those changed.
(10-17-2017, 08:21 AM)Axeofury Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if it does it with Dualcore off because i get major frame drops without dualcore (from 50-60 FPS to 30-40) and thank you for mentioning power profile and nvidia i forgot that i can tweak those. will see how 1080p runs with those changed.

My Pentium G4560 runs most of the games pretty well even without dualcore... but Dark Alliance is actually one of the harder to emulate games because of the Snowblind engine.

I also remember filing a bug with this game about texture corruption in D3D12 and Vulkan a while back which also caused a severe slowdown. Even though the texture corruption is gone, the slowdown was still there, so please also make sure to use the latest developer version of Dolphin that is available on the download page if you scroll down a bit. If I'm not mistaken OGL and D3D11 should work fine though, if not it might be interesting to create a new bug report to see if they are able to fix the slowdown.

Axeofury

Ya i was doing the last part of BGDA and it went down to 35-40 fps. D3D11 seems to work fine in most areas besides the forest and tower and what not. Pretty sure i have the latest version since i didnt have this on my new computer but ill double check. Thank you for all your help so far btw.