Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Spectators seem to add latency?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Silentscope

Hi, I am new to dolphin. Currently using Dolphin 5.0-321, and I am trying to get the CVS2 community going with Dolphin (as the netplay is amazing). But I want to try and record matches but I find that when I spectate 2 players it seems to add my ping when taking the delay into account. They have to increase the delay buffer higher than they normally would if I didn't spectate. Is this normal, because I was under the impression that spectating shouldn't add any latency. If there is something that I might be doing wrong please let me know. Would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you
Having a spectator shouldn't add latency in most cases, but it is possible to add latency if they're having bandwidth issues. Another way to record matches would be to enable the record input option and record the inputs and use them to record it outside of netplay later. But, input recordings break if you change the latency on netplay while the game is running.