Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question regarding the possibility of mh3t online play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Helious

I'm no guru when it comes to programming or any of this kind of stuff, but i have one question.

Ever since the monster hunter 3 tri servers were taken down in 2013, i was wondering if there was anyway to re-create or emulate mh3t servers for online play. (Sorry if i used the word "emulate" incorrectly, i just don't know what im talking about, so im just kinda just throwing stuff out there). I'm not talking about netplay, but actually going online from just launching the game on its own from dolphin. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think i remember reading something about being able to connect to (for example; ) official nintendo servers for mariokart, if you installed the right software. Now i was hoping there would be some way to do the same with monsterhunter, but since there are no servers; if there would also be a way to (going back to what i said earlier) Re-creating or emulating servers, and then playing online.
Someone would have to try to recreate the servers at this point. Not sure how possible that is.