Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Certain Level Crashes Emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HibiscousDragon

In Sonic Adventure 2:Battle the game will crash every time, ranging from 5 to 30 seconds into level 9, on Hero Mode, Route 101.

It begins with the sky textures flickering from the very start, and it will suddenly stop and give me an error popup. It reads

"Invalid read from 0xfde15ebe, PC = 0x80071900"

but the underlined part changes each time. These popups will spam me every time I close them, until I'm forced to end the simulation.

I can take some recordings if you want, but I assume it's some settings issue.
Have you tried the latest development version of dolphin?
post the MD5 of your game dump.

Right click on the game in Dolphin's gamelist > Properties > Info > Calculate MD5

HibiscousDragon

(10-10-2017, 05:37 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]post the MD5 of your game dump.

Right click on the game in Dolphin's gamelist > Properties > Info > Calculate MD5

Here's the MD5 Checksum: 9ef5fadf4b8756af820df997468a5a16

This is my first attempt at emulation so I'm kinda a noob, thanks for helping guys! Ill try the latest version now.
Okay, that's a valid dump.

Try the latest development build, if it still crashes, try disabling dual core mode in config. However, with your hardware that might make the game unbearably slow.

HibiscousDragon

(10-10-2017, 05:57 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, that's a valid dump.

Try the latest development build, if it still crashes, try disabling dual core mode in config. However, with your hardware that might make the game unbearably slow.

I tried the latest version just now, its a no go, ill try the Dual Core thing and get back to you. I can live with a slow game, more reaction time.

HibiscousDragon

Yup, disabling Dual cores made it playable, only a little slowdown, i used the latest version. Thanks a lot Helios!! The cutscene was fun, their voices were so messed up! Slowdown is fun!