Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Setting up graphics and audiosettings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

homicidalmaniac111

hi guys, downloaded dolphin 5.0 and am trying to get it running smoothly, the only game i've tried to play is legend of zelda windwaker and i've been having lag and audio issues. i got through the intital problems of dolphin crashing as soon as i open the game and non existent audio but there are still issues with fps and choppy audio. so any advice for tweaking the graphics and audio settings would be appreciated. running on windows 7 through bootcamp on a macbook pro
Please post screenshots of your graphics settings.

homicidalmaniac111

[attachment=16363][attachment=16363]
[attachment=16362]
[attachment=16361]
(10-08-2017, 12:22 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Please post screenshots of your graphics settings.
[attachment=16360]
Change the internal resolution "Auto: Window Size" to 1x Native, and if that is fullspeed (it should be!) increase it bit by bit until you can't go any higher without running into slowdown.

Also you should probably set the Fullscreen Resolution back to Auto and control Dolphin's resolution with internal resolution changes. That will be a lot more consistent and scale more cleanly!

homicidalmaniac111

(10-08-2017, 04:33 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Change the internal resolution "Auto: Window Size" to 1x Native, and if that is fullspeed (it should be!) increase it bit by bit until you can't go any higher without running into slowdown.

Also you should probably set the Fullscreen Resolution back to Auto and control Dolphin's resolution with internal resolution changes. That will be a lot more consistent and scale more cleanly!

ok thanks. it worked on 1x native but started bugging out as soon as i took it to 1.5
homicidalmaniac111's profile Wrote:Video Card/GPU: intel hd graphics 4000

That's why. It's a really really weak GPU. I should know, that's the same GPU that is in the MacBook Pro I'm typing this on right now!
Update to the latest development revision as well.

homicidalmaniac111

(10-08-2017, 05:13 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]That's why. It's a really really weak GPU. I should know, that's the same GPU that is in the MacBook Pro I'm typing this on right now!
yeah i figured as much, i would never choose a mac but i needed a computer for cartoons and this one was free
(10-08-2017, 05:13 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Update to the latest development revision as well.

i only downloaded dolphin a few days ago and i'm pretty sure i got the latest one for win 7. is 5.0 not the latest?
edit: ah i totally get what you mean now. development revision =/= stable version