Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this good enough for dolphin 5.0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

torchic09

Hello, my computer has been lagging with dolphin 5.0, I'm not asking for help yet, but I first wish to know if it is good enough.

CPU: AMD A8-6410
Graphics: AMD Radeon R5
Memory: 222GB

Is there anything i'm missing?
Pre-Rizon AMD CPUs tend to be slow at running dolphin.
You'll probably want to use the altest 5.0-dev build, as they're faster than 5.0 (usually)

torchic09

(10-09-2017, 04:12 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You'll probably want to use the altest 5.0-dev build, as they're faster than 5.0 (usually)

altest 5.0 dev build? can't find it anywhere. Could you help me?
(10-09-2017, 06:41 AM)torchic09 Wrote: [ -> ]altest 5.0 dev build? can't find it anywhere. Could you help me?

He means "latest 5.0 dev build". They're at https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ – just scroll down a bit.

torchic09

(10-09-2017, 06:43 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]He means "latest 5.0 dev build". They're at https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ – just scroll down a bit.
ok, i'll test it and make sure it works.

EDIT: It is still slow as HECK. 0-16 FPS, it really doesn't serve me well. Now, many games on my pc run 15-60 FPS normally. so I don't think this will work out.... thanks tho. unless you have a way to fix this.
your CPU has awful single threaded performance. Most emulators won't run well on your system.
(10-09-2017, 06:57 AM)torchic09 Wrote: [ -> ]ok, i'll test it and make sure it works.

EDIT: It is still slow as HECK. 0-16 FPS, it really doesn't serve me well. Now, many games on my pc run 15-60 FPS normally. so I don't think this will work out.... thanks tho. unless you have a way to fix this.

Easy fix: Get a new Ryzen or Intel processor...

torchic09

(10-09-2017, 07:31 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]your CPU has awful single threaded performance. Most emulators won't run well on your system.
What's funny is that I can run NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, N64, Dreamcast, Wii U (yes), Arcade, Master System, Mega Drive/Genesis, Saturn, and PS1 with minimal or no problems.
I understand that, and I also read the "get a new processor" thing, but I can't do that at the moment.
(10-29-2017, 06:59 AM)torchic09 Wrote: [ -> ]What's funny is that I can run NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, N64, Dreamcast, Wii U (yes), Arcade, Master System, Mega Drive/Genesis, Saturn, and PS1 with minimal or no problems.
I understand that, and I also read the "get a new processor" thing, but I can't do that at the moment.

That's not really a surprise, as all oof the systems you listed except the wii U are less powerful than the Wii, so they'll be less demanding. But I doubt you're running CEMU at more than 10 fps on that, I tried once and my processor is vaguely similar (pre-Ryzen AMD).
Pages: 1 2