Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, been having some problems on the trilogy (and only trilogy) version of Metroid prime. There's a lot of... audio stuttering, I believe? It's not the shaders, I tested that, but the audio and everything is just slow and choppy, even on the latest build. Any recommendations? (Note: it's possible my computer just sucks too much)
Your computer just sucks too much.

You have a pre-Ryzen AMD CPU. Emulators need good single threaded performance to run at full speed. You don't have that.
Metroid Prime Trilogy is incredibly demanding, so yeah, you're going to need a beast of a CPU to handle it. Metroid Prime 1 is fairly lightweight (...most of the time) and Metroid Prime 2 isn't that bad. But Trilogy + 3? Those ones are a pain.
(10-04-2017, 01:52 PM)Tilt Controls Wrote: [ -> ](Note: it's possible my computer just sucks too much)

As others have indicated, it's a hardware issue. If you're looking to seriously run this game, consider an upgrade. I'd recommend going to our Hardware Forum if you want advice on what specific CPU/GPU you should buy given a budget.
jokes on you, a little audio latency and cpu override just about fixed it, at least to a playable level. Works fine for me for now.
(10-05-2017, 07:35 AM)Tilt Controls Wrote: [ -> ]jokes on you, a little audio latency and cpu override just about fixed it, at least to a playable level. Works fine for me for now.

Thats just a little bit rude, dont you think? These people offered advise which is probably still true, your pc is not good enough to run this game at a decent level. You have had to reduce  standard emulator settings to get it playable.
(10-07-2017, 10:35 PM)nikeymikey Wrote: [ -> ]Thats just a little bit rude, dont you think? These people offered advise which is probably still true, your pc is not good enough to run this game at a decent level. You have had to reduce  standard emulator settings to get it playable.

Not to even mention that underclocking the emulated CPU normally makes most games do weird things...
Yeah, you're not going to get 60 FPS with the emulated CPU turned down - you'll get 60 VPS though which is usually good enough for msot people.

I always forget we have good audio stretching now though. It's not really rude - I'm happy that a user gets to play it and enjoy it. I'll keep that in mind next time Smile