Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Dolphin doesn't recognise extracted certificates for Shop Channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Glacial

Following the guide here:

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...work_Guide

To be able to access the Shop Channel, I compiled extract_certs with GCC:

Code:
g++ -std=c++11 extract_certs.cpp -o extract_cert

As I already have my decrypted Wii NAND setup in Dolphin, I extracted the certificates from:

Code:
nand/title/00000001/0000000d/content/00000011.app

and copied the .pem files to ~/.dolphin-emu/Wii

However, Dolphin still complains that I need valid credentials when I try to open the Shop Channel. Do the .pem files have to come from the downloaded IOS?

Edit: All of this was done on Ubuntu 16.04 with the latest dolphin master from the Ubuntu PPA as of posting - 5.0-c97a799-dirt - https://launchpad.net/~dolphin-emu/+arch...ter=xenial
Dolphin now has the ability to get the certs direclty within the emulator.

Extract certs in older builds was actually broken. You also needs your keys.bin from your Wii for the Wii Shop.

If you're getting the popup saying that you need need a real Wii NAND, that's why.
You shouldn't need to run extract_certs anymore if you're using a recent development version. Instead, open Dolphin and go to Tools => Extract Certificates from NAND. Of course, you need a working NAND before selecting this option, otherwise it won't do anything...

Glacial

I've tried both methods now and neither are working for me. This is the exact message I get:

Quote:You cannot use the Wii Shop Channel without using your own device credentials.
Please refer to the NAND usage guide for setup instructions: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/nand-usage-guide/

Just tried the Dolphin menu option after deleting the keys I'd already extracted and still get the same message. I've definitely already went through the NAND dumping and decrypting, the Wii system menu that loads when I launch it from the Dolphin menu is without question the one I had already set up many months ago, albeit I did it before Dolphin had the option to automatically import it for me.

I would assume that without NAND decrypting or downloading IOS from Nintendo the specific .app needed would not exist for Dolphin to extract keys? Because I'm sure I haven't done the latter that could have overwritten anything...

Quote:Extract certs in older builds was actually broken. You also needs your keys.bin from your Wii for the Wii Shop.

Would the keys.bin need to be placed somewhere, or do you just mean for NAND decryption?
(10-04-2017, 07:58 PM)Glacial Wrote: [ -> ]Would the keys.bin need to be placed somewhere, or do you just mean for NAND decryption?

You have to place the keys.bin file from your console in the "Wii" folder (the folder that contains the NAND contents), otherwise the Shop Channel won't work properly. It's not just for NAND decryption.

Glacial

(10-04-2017, 09:25 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You have to place the keys.bin file from your console in the "Wii" folder (the folder that contains the NAND contents), otherwise the Shop Channel won't work properly. It's not just for NAND decryption.

Thank you! This worked. Had no idea keys.bin was useful besides decryption, Shop Channel now loads fine.