Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin suddenly runs slower than usual
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-05-2017, 03:30 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]I can think of a few issues (mainly relating to your computer getting older and causing thermal issues). Cause if your idle temp and game running temp are the same, you're probably overheating.

1) you need to clean your computer vents. This could be causing it to be unable to vent air, causing thermal throttling to keep it at 57 degrees since it can't go any higher. To fix this/rule it out, get a can of compressed air, and with your computer off, blow it into your fan intake. Make sure you're near a garbage can.

2) The thermal paste on your computer is going bad and can't transfer heat, causing thermal throttling, etc. This may be harder to diagnose/fix. Google how to replace paste for your computer.

3) Go to Intel's driver downloads page and get the latest driver for your Intel HD 4000 iGPU.

4) Run Dolphin in portable mode and see if that helps

You forgot the easiest fix: Try to check if the power options are still at High performance Smile if that is not the case, put it there Big Grin
(10-09-2017, 07:47 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]You forgot the easiest fix: Try to check if the power options are still at High performance Smile if that is not the case, put it there Big Grin

(10-03-2017, 05:58 AM)jengatower Wrote: [ -> ]I tried restarting, setting my power modes to "High Performance" as well as other modes, using the latest dev build, and clearing out my "Dolphin Emulator" file in my Documents. Nothing seemed to help.

I assume he did.

Mad_Dog

I'm suffering some a sever slowdown in Twilight Princess. I don't know why it would be slowing down as the system I have should EASILY be able to play this without breaking a sweat.
My system:
i56600 CPU
RX 480 GPU
and 16 GB of RAM.

I think it's the emulator itself. is there any known option i can use in the settings to fix this issue?
(10-10-2017, 12:06 PM)Mad_Dog Wrote: [ -> ]I'm suffering some a sever slowdown in Twilight Princess. I don't know why it would be slowing down as the system I have should EASILY be able to play this without breaking a sweat.
My system:
i56600 CPU
RX 480 GPU
and 16 GB of RAM.

I think it's the emulator itself. is there any known option i can use in the settings to fix this issue?

Enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the Patches tab of the game properties if you haven't already.

Mad_Dog

(10-10-2017, 04:06 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the Patches tab of the game properties if you haven't already.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I do that? Huh
(10-11-2017, 01:14 AM)Mad_Dog Wrote: [ -> ]Forgive my ignorance, but how do I do that? Huh

Right click game > properties > patches

Mad_Dog

(10-11-2017, 01:18 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Right click game > properties > patches

Not seeing patches. Am I doing it wrong? Huh
[Image: no-patches.jpg]
Downloading games is against the Forum Rules (the name of your .gcm file is a dead giveaway...)
Just tried it again right now and everything is running at it's normal speed even when my laptop is unplugged, and I didn't even do anything. Strange. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

I'm unable to dissemble my laptop to clean it due to it being a pesky Gateway model, but I'll keep that in mind.

Thank you so much for the help guys!
(RIP Mad_Dog)
Pages: 1 2