Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MFAA with MSAA in dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does nvidia's MFAA work on the MSAA anti-aliasing in dolphin?

Edit: I'm asking this out of curiosity.
It's very unlikely. Temporal and temporally-assisted anti-aliasing techniques require extensive support in the game engine. In order to reuse samples from previous frames, you need to know where objects were in the previous frame compared to the current one. There's basically no other reason to keep this data around, so most game engines will discard it.
(09-30-2017, 09:11 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]It's very unlikely. Temporal and temporally-assisted anti-aliasing techniques require extensive support in the game engine. In order to reuse samples from previous frames, you need to know where objects were in the previous frame compared to the current one. There's basically no other reason to keep this data around, so most game engines will discard it.

I can't remember where but I read that mfaa works with any game that uses msaa.

EDIT: Found this https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments...re_a_list/
It does work on any application with a “normal” MSAA implementation. However it really doesn’t give any additional quality, more performance. The temporal component is merely a functional to simulate the higher anti-aliasing.
(09-30-2017, 12:49 PM)Nintonito Wrote: [ -> ]It does work on any application with a “normal” MSAA implementation.  However it really doesn’t give any additional quality, more performance.  The temporal component is merely a functional to simulate the higher anti-aliasing.

K