Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Nand issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I dumped my nand a while back and usually everything is fine with it but now a days this happens when I go to check my wii saves (picture below)

Also I get frequent crashes in dolphin, and dolphin now takes 30-60 seconds to boot up. It never used to do this and I just redid my whole operating system from scratch some months ago after I was staring to have this problem.
Somebody likes Pokemon a whole lot Tongue

Sarcasm aside, Dolphin has changed how it handles NAND files somewhat recently. You may want to re-import your NAND since Dolphin now uses certain files it used to delete in the past. Also make sure you're using the latest dev build.
Your NAND is probably corrupted now - you may wanna try reimporting it.

Dolphin has stricter NAND emulation now, but there's still a lot of things you can do outside of emulation (and actually within...) that can corrupt it. You can backup any saves if you want to though before restoring it, and then copy them back over and it should work. Though, the ability to do things like that is usually how things get corrupted.
(09-30-2017, 03:35 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Your NAND is probably corrupted now - you may wanna try reimporting it.

Dolphin has stricter NAND emulation now, but there's still a lot of things you can do outside of emulation (and actually within...) that can corrupt it.  You can backup any saves if you want to though before restoring it, and then copy them back over and it should work.  Though, the ability to do things like that is usually how things get corrupted.

I had the same problem, and did exactly this. Tried different builds, and I usually just stick to the latest. Anyway, the fix worked for maybe only two hours before it started doing this again. I think I'm just gonna delete my nand, import my saves and mii info again, and use a basic Wii System Menu wad from one of my WiiWare games. I don't use Netplay, so ultimately, using my real NAND was more of a cool novelty for me, but I will forgo it if I can't reliably use uncorrupted Wii Menu to manage my saves.
We've fixed the bug corrupting the NANDs in the latest development builds. Launching wads from the gamelist was breaking everything.

EDIT: it's not merged yet, sorry. Here is the change - https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/6094
<deleted>