Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth passthrough vs Mayflash Dolphinbar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anybody tell me if there is a big difference between using Bluetooth pass-through and the Mayflash Dolphinbar?

I like that the dolphinbar can turn off the LEDs when the controllers aren't connected, but it sounds like Bluetooth pass-through has lower latency and doesn't have the Wii speaker problems, etc?
Latency isn't really different.

The two advantages I'm aware of for BT passthrough are that it doesn't have wii speaker audio problems, and that Wiimotion+ games don't screw up as much.
Another minor difference: syncing and weird features like disconnecting and reconnecting Wii remotes work as expected, exactly the same as on a Wii. (That's one of the things that are really broken on emulated BT)
(10-01-2017, 12:12 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Another minor difference: syncing and weird features like disconnecting and reconnecting Wii remotes work as expected, exactly the same as on a Wii. (That's one of the things that are really broken on emulated BT)

I'm going to be purchasing a DS4 to use in another emulator, And therefore will swap mayflash bar for bluetooth, as well.

Can you reccomend an BT adaptor that satisfies both (I know it's a bit cheeky, but my PC is out of action and using a very very old tablet just to view a few things)

Frank Angel
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...st_results

Note if you intend on using Windows, you cannot use the BT adapter for multiple things. To use it in Dolphin you have to install a driver which removes it's ability to do anything else beyond passthrough to Dolphin.

Linux does not have this limitation