Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Saving and Autoloading Controller Type / Per Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SeekTruth

So, we are able to save controller profile settings which allows configurations of buttons/settings.

I have 2 questions...

1. Can the settings be tied directly to the game so they load automatically without having to go into the profile settings to load every time?

2. On the higher level menu, can the number and/or selection of GC controllers / Wiimotes be saved as well?

Basically I would like to suggest an all in solution that selects the GC or Wii controller and setting, automatically loading for the specific game.

Thank you,
The game INI system supports both of those.

SeekTruth

(09-28-2017, 07:31 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The game INI system supports both of those.

Thank you for responding. By "supports" do you mean the game automatically loads the entire saved setting? I've been changing manually when switching games.
(09-28-2017, 07:39 AM)SeekTruth Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for responding. By "supports" do you mean the game automatically loads the entire saved setting? I've been changing manually when switching games.

Yes.

SeekTruth

(09-28-2017, 07:52 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.
I don't think we are on the same page here. If I select Wiimote when I go into a game. Then I change games, wiimote is still selected regardless of what settings I have for that game. I would like it to change to Gamecube controller on the second game when I switch. I would also like it to auto load the controller settings set in the controller config of Dolphin... not inside the game.

Simple as, Double click a game, and everything changes over.
If you've set up game INIs, Dolphin will switch controller settings automatically like you describe.

SeekTruth

(09-28-2017, 04:30 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you've set up game INIs, Dolphin will switch controller settings automatically like you describe.

Interesting. I believe this is the how to I need.
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game

Thank you!