Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A good USB Wii sensor bar for use with Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Avoozl

Because my Wii died for some reason after not using it for over a year I decided to just emulate my Wii games instead, however what I don't have is a Wii sensor bar which I could use with my PC.

The problem is I don't know which ones would work with Dolphin, and I don't want to risk buying any old Chinese made sensor bar from Ebay in case it doesn't work properly or at all.
A sensor bar is an IR emitter and won't interfere with dolphin, you can even use some candles. If you want an easy way to connect your wiimotes you can buy a dolphinbar
The DolphinBar is the safest bet indeed. It's available on Amazon. It also has built it Bluetooth. With the latest firmware, when a Wiimote is paired with the integrated Bluetooth module, the IR LEDs will automatically turn on and off at the same time as the Wiimote.

If you wish to use Dolphin Bluetooth passthrough option, you'll need a specific Bluetooth adapter as the one in the DolphinBar isn't compatible with this function.
And if you end up buying the DolphinBar just for the IR LEDs and don't plan to use its Bluetooth, DO NOT update to the latest firmware as it will render it useless for you because the IR LEDs won't turn on unless a Wiimote is paired with its integrated Bluetooth module.
I learned that the hard way.