Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Experience with BT passthrough on Intel 8260 card add to wiki please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sprockkets

Reposted this here in hardware since it seems that is where I should have stuck it, not controllers.

I'd was going to see about editing the wiki page about BT passthrough but can't, so perhaps someone else can put this in.

I have an Intel 8260 wireless adapter that came with my Gigabyte motherboard from last year.

USING WIN10 creators edition, if using passthrough, unfortunately, it will start to lag within about 5 minutes making it annoying and unusable unless you power cycle wiimote. Sound and range seems OK, nothing better or worse than the original audio.

USING SuSE 42.2 - heck, it works great. However I got my build from a SuSE emulators repository, who has a very up to date build of Dolphin and other emulators. x64 architecture. I did not need to add a udev rule or run as root. No lag even after playing over an hour of Twilight princess. Audio was good for the controller. Heck, audio overall from the game was better than windows. So was stability and speed oddly enough. Synced two wiiremotes. Seems to have worked with skyward sword but no extended testing yet.

To update the exact version of dolphin used in suse, it's dolphin-emu-5.0+git.1504686827.1073053df9-2.1.x86_64.rpm, built Sept 8.
For future reference, you can delete your own posts/threads. We don't like having 2 or more of the same thread floating around, so I'm closing your other thread in the Controllers forum.

About editing the wiki, I believe we still might be having issues with that. Sorry that you can't edit it yourself at the moment, but we should be working on that.

Sztrovacsek81

(09-27-2017, 03:55 AM)sprockkets Wrote: [ -> ]Reposted this here in hardware since it seems that is where I should have stuck it, not controllers.

I'd was going to see about editing the wiki page about BT passthrough but can't, so perhaps someone else can put this in.

I have an Intel 8260 wireless adapter that came with my Gigabyte motherboard from last year.

USING WIN10 creators edition, if using passthrough, unfortunately, it will start to lag within about 5 minutes making it annoying and unusable unless you power cycle wiimote. Sound and range seems OK, nothing better or worse than the original audio.

USING SuSE 42.2 - heck, it works great. However I got my build from a SuSE emulators repository, who has a very up to date build of Dolphin and other emulators. x64 architecture. I did not need to add a udev rule or run as root. No lag even after playing over an hour of Twilight princess. Audio was good for the controller. Heck, audio overall from the game was better than windows. So was stability and speed oddly enough. Synced two wiiremotes. Seems to have worked with skyward sword but no extended testing yet.

To update the exact version of dolphin used in suse, it's dolphin-emu-5.0+git.1504686827.1073053df9-2.1.x86_64.rpm, built Sept 8.

I have a 8260 in my desktop PC with PCI-E adapter and a high gain antenna and I'm only able to connect maximum 3 of the wiimotes and sometimes one of them disconnects under Windows 10.
Works? Yes
Stable? Limited (stable till 2 wiimotes)
Remembers pairings? Yes
Audio? Good
Range? Very long (with external antenna)

As emulated mode I have no problem with the adapter. I have only 2 real wimotes and 2 fake wiimotes, so I cant connect all of them to the system, but 2 wiimotes and an Xbox One S gamepad and an Ipega gamepad connects well the same time and its stable.