Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best CPU for Rogue Leader/Rebel Strike?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a GTX 970, 20 Gigs of RAM.
My CPU is an i5 760, 2.80 GHz.
What CPU do you recommend to run these games as close to perfect as the emulation allows it?
Price: R7 1700
Perf: i7 7700k
Thanks for the reply!
I was wondering if there are options that let you use more the gpu and less the cpu, since it's the bottleneck of my hardware.
Is Ishiruka version is less cpu dependant?
Less CPU dependent no. Does it have some features that might improve performance on some CPUs, yes.

If you don't mind going used you can use most Haswell or newer Core I5/I7 processors for good performance just keep in mind that Single core performance is king in Emulation and here is a reasonable comparison of relative single core performance for multiple CPUs
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

You can also use some of the newer pentium processors G4560, G4600, G4620 or the G3258 (especially if you overclock this one)

Keep in mind if you want to continue to use your same ram sockets up to LGA 1150 support DDR3 so Haswell or lower will save you on ram costs.
How these games behave with a i5-4690K (3.5 ghz)? Especially on planet missions.
The only graphic feature that I use is the 720p upscale option.
It is ok, I believe you would have a better time of it with this CPU since you have a much better GPU that can better take advantage of ubershaders and other nice bonuses. It will be an improvement over your current setup though not as much as a 7700k, but it should not cost you as much to do the upgrade. If you overclock on top of using the 4690k you can get even better performance, but at the cost of higher heat and more power draw.... so that depends more on your case cooling and the motherboard you chose. Though if you are going to buy a 4690k or any k series then you should probably overclock or save some cash and not buy the k series.
Ok thanks!
(09-25-2017, 05:48 AM)TKSilver Wrote: [ -> ]Less CPU dependent no.  Does it have some features that might improve performance on some CPUs, yes.

If you don't mind going used you can use most Haswell or newer Core I5/I7 processors for good performance just keep in mind that Single core performance is king in Emulation and here is a reasonable comparison of relative single core performance for multiple CPUs
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

You can also use some of the newer pentium processors G4560, G4600, G4620 or the G3258 (especially if you overclock this one)

Keep in mind if you want to continue to use your same ram sockets up to LGA 1150 support DDR3 so Haswell or lower will save you on ram costs.

Ah, thanks for the link. Was curious as to whether it was particularly worthwhile updating my i7 4790K @4.6 for Dolphin performance, but looks like I'm not missing out on much yet.