Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: BRIX setup questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I'm looking into getting a Gigabyte BRIX box and was wondering if the specs will be suitable for Gamecube play.  Ideally, I'd like to run any Gamecube game.

The BRIX box I'm looking at has an i5 7200U cpu and Intel HD 620 graphics.

The reason I want to use a BRIX is the size of it, as I want to put it in a small case and unfortunately a mini ITX board is a little too big.

Anyone had experience of using a similar setup?
Basically don't think of it like a desktop computer but think of it like a laptop (mainly because it is going to act like one). Make sure you check reviews and are sure the one you look at (specific model) dose not have overheating issues since the 7200U is a low power processor that needs as much performance it can deliver to handle modern emulation well. Along the same lines when you get it you will also want to disable all power saving features in Windows or any 3rd party ones too since those will hinder performance.

After this just keep in mind that to save space you are going to have to accept lower performance then an equally priced Pentium G4560 based system. If that trade off is acceptable then it should work for most games with only the really demanding ones giving major issues as long as enhancements (increased IR, shaders, textures, ect.) are kept sensible.
I have a fairly recent BRIX I can test and report back if you'd like
Thanks guys. I may just head toward a different processor then. Will just have to find a smaller motherboard :-)