Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Decent amount of stuttering in games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

metavance

I'm not familiar to dolphin so please forgive my lack of knowledge, anyways, so I started to want to get into dolphin because all my friends moved away and went to college. I got 20xx Proj M and Smash 2. However, all of these games suffer from stuttering and random parts of gameplay, I don't understand why and I tried changing some of my settings but it continues to stutter, so I don't know how to fix it. My friend's older computer that isn't nearly as good as mine runs dolphin perfectly with no stuttering, maybe it's a small setting causing this but he isn't sure either.

Here is my computer VVV

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: XPS 8910
BIOS: 1.0.7
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8096MB RAM
Page File: 6557MB used, 4737MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

metavance

(09-20-2017, 12:40 PM)metavance Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not familiar to dolphin so please forgive my lack of knowledge, anyways, so I started to want to get into dolphin because all my friends moved away and went to college. I got 20xx Proj M and Smash 2. However, all of these games suffer from stuttering and random parts of gameplay, I don't understand why and I tried changing some of my settings but it continues to stutter, so I don't know how to fix it. My friend's older computer that isn't nearly as good as mine runs dolphin perfectly with no stuttering, maybe it's a small setting causing this but he isn't sure either.

Here is my computer VVV

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
            System Model: XPS 8910
                    BIOS: 1.0.7
               Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
                  Memory: 8192MB RAM
     Available OS Memory: 8096MB RAM
               Page File: 6557MB used, 4737MB available
             Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
         DirectX Version: DirectX 12
     DX Setup Parameters: Not found
        User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
      System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
         DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
          DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

Anyone??
Post some of the settings you have tried (as screenshots). Even if you feel you've "tried them all", it's helpful for us to see what you have. Lots of veterans around here may pick up something you missed.

Obviously the best thing you can do for stuttering is to try Dolphin's Hybrid Ubershaders. I think some people have had better luck with Vulkan, but your mileage may vary.
Even though you are on a desktop, please make sure that you computer isn't slowing down because of power settings > make sure they are on high performance. Also make sure you have selected the correct videocard (maybe you're accidently running on the onboard intel GPU instead of your nVidia card) and make sure that its power settings are on prefer maximum performance, also please make sure what GPU you have, because these machines can have a very low end GT730 card in it, which is slower in most games than the onboard intel GPU.

Make sure that your computer also isn't thermal throttling, because these machines are also very prone of doing that. To check this you can download an application like HWinfo.