Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Swing Nunchuk" command broken for multiple games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Several games use "swing nunchuk up" to perform ingame commands. They are not recognising the keyboard shortcut. Have tried combining with "tilt nunchuk backwards" and "shake nunchuk y axis" to no effect.

Games not recognising it are:

Red Steel
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Metroid Prime 3

Buying yet another peripheral in the form of a real Wii controller is not really a solution for me.
The nunchuck is an extension, so under the emulated Wii controller, set the extension to Nunchuck, and then click on configure. You'll be able to set nunchuck tilt and swing there.
(09-18-2017, 04:53 AM)temp89 Wrote: [ -> ]Several games use "swing nunchuk up" to perform ingame commands. They are not recognising the keyboard shortcut. Have tried combining with "tilt nunchuk backwards" and "shake nunchuk y axis" to no effect.

Games not recognising it are:

Red Steel
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Metroid Prime 3

Buying yet another peripheral in the form of a real Wii controller is not really a solution for me.
In some cases the only way to actually run this correctly would be using a real wiimote + nunchuck because either the swing is too short or to inaccurate
Well, patches are accepted if you wanna try to fix the swing emulation.
Metroid Prime 3 doesn't use Swing Nunchuk. The Grapple Lasso is activated by shaking the nunchuk. I have Shake Nunchuk X, Y, and Z set to the same key and it works just fine.
The issue is likely that some games want swings stronger than we can configure. Same thing happens with Wii Remote swing/shake in some games.
(09-18-2017, 07:41 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]The nunchuck is an extension, so under the emulated Wii controller, set the extension to Nunchuck, and then click on configure. You'll be able to set nunchuck tilt and swing there.

Huh

I know. Did you read my post explaining the configurations I tried with it?