Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Partial data loss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Today I was using Dolphin as usual, then I encountered an issue while playing Mario Kart Wii. This was an error message I already had before, it uses to display at random times, so Dolphin closed itself and then I re-opened it. Actually, Dolphin hasn't my personal settings anymore, the language was set back to English etc. On the ISO board, no one was displayed, I had to set the default ISO file again.
And there comes the weirdest part. When I started MKW, my licences were back to a previous state (a save from almost a year ago), some Miis were deleted etc. So I don't get why, but my Wii + GC data are back to a 2016 state. I assume they aren't any ways to get them back, but I was wondering if anyone was aware of that.
Have you ever moved dolphin or your save files?
I don't think so. It's quite weird that my saves went missing randomly tho.
You either accidently moved or erased the files, or worse case scenario, you could be looking at a virus. But nothing with the emulator would have caused this
I'm pretty sure it's not a virus, but I'll check this. I didn't touch anything between the moment I got the error message and when I reopened Dolphin, I really can't figure out what caused this. Moreover, my saves aren't completely gone, and I noticed that I can't modify Miis that I've actually created because it says that I can't modify Miis that I received, quite weird.
I can confirm that's not a virus, I really don't get it. I swear I've never moved any file, maybe I just slipped up or something which is very unlikely. Anyway, thanks for the replies.