Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay slowdown vs. Offline normality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bridger

Good day all,

Having a bit of a problem trying to play any games through Netplay against my friend. The games generally slow down to about 50% in certain instances of each game but runs normally in others. The games tested include Mario Party 6 and 7, Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Super Mario Strikers. I'm fairly certain that this problem is centered on my friend's laptop as I have played these games via netplay against someone else and experienced little to no slowdowns.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit desktop with an AMD FX-6300 Six-Core processor at 3.50 GHz with 8GBs of RAM and a Radeon RX 460 graphics card.

My buddy has a laptop running Windows 10 64-bit with an Intel Core i7-4700 HQ YOU processor at 2.40 GHZ with 16GBs of RAM and a GeForce GTX 765M graphics card. We are both playing online through wireless, though he is capable of running wired and it did not improve anything.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
Make sure that both of you are on High Performance mode (more specially your friend since he´s on a laptop). Tell him to create a high performance profile for Dolphin in the NVidia´s GPU driver (NVidia Control Panel).
Have you tried upping the pad buffer?

Bridger

(09-17-2017, 02:54 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure that both of you are on High Performance mode (more specially your friend since he´s on a laptop). Tell him to create a high performance profile for Dolphin in the NVidia´s GPU driver (NVidia Control Panel).

How would this be accomplished? He's not the most tech savvy person of all time and I can't really access his laptop as he's too far away. Thanks. Smile

(09-17-2017, 02:54 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried upping the pad buffer?

Yes, I've had it as high as 30 and it doesn't affect anything. The slowdown always seems to happen at the same times in the game, for example, in Mario Party 7, when the map is first revealed at the beginning of a game, in Mario Kart, at the countdown to begin the race.
Have you tried using the latest dev build of Dolphin?

Bridger

(09-17-2017, 05:31 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using the latest dev build of Dolphin?

Have the latest build but it appears to be okay, we solved the problem. Turns out, his power management was set on power saver mode. Once he upped it to high performance, it solved the problem. Like I said, he's not the most tech savvy person ever but as long as we got it to work. Smile

Thanks for your suggestions, all!