Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rock Band 3 Guitar strum problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Postal602

I've been playing Rock Band 2 on Dolphin and its been running perfectly fine. I try opening Rockband 3- all the buttons work, except the strum bar, which works in rock band 2. Why isn't the strumbar working for Rock band 3 if it works for rock band 2? The controller is the regular guitar controller in red that came with the official copy of Rock band 3, any fixes?
Are you using USB passthrough, or did you map the guitar controller to an emulated Wii Remote's guitar controller?

Postal602

(09-16-2017, 05:49 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using USB passthrough, or did you map the guitar controller to an emulated Wii Remote's guitar controller?

First off, thanks for responding, but yeah, I mapped it as a guitar extension through the emulated usb, everything works fine except the strumbar. 
In that case, please post a screenshot of how you've mapped it.

Postal602

(09-17-2017, 03:26 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]In that case, please post a screenshot of how you've mapped it.
Hmm, I'm not really sure what could be causing it...

Just to try something out, you could unmap the stick so that `Hat 0 N` and `Hat 0 S` only are mapped to one thing each. (If you've mapped `Hat 0 N` and `Hat 0 S` to something in the Wii Remote config too, such as the d-pad, unmap that too.) I don't know if that will have any effect, but it's worth testing.

Is the strum bar broken in the whole game? Or does it for instance work in menus but not gameplay?

Postal602

(09-17-2017, 03:59 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I'm not really sure what could be causing it...

Just to try something out, you could unmap the stick so that `Hat 0 N` and `Hat 0 S` only are mapped to one thing each. (If you've mapped `Hat 0 N` and `Hat 0 S` to something in the Wii Remote config too, such as the d-pad, unmap that too.) I don't know if that will have any effect, but it's worth testing.

Is the strum bar broken in the whole game? Or does it for instance work in menus but not gameplay?

Oh my Jeebus, unmapping the d-pad worked, thanks!