Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Compatibility List: Up-to-date or tim to change?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So as a long-time user of Dolphin, I've been REALLY impressed by the fact that there are almost no game broken or stuck on intros remaining. In fact I long for the day when Bold, We Sing, Truth or Dare, Escape from Bug Island and Monster are finally fixed or at least start, so that it finally gets to 0 crossed.

But Shouldn't lots of other items listed like Wii U channels, PSO Online or Wii Dump Exchange (and save for the GBA Player which I think is an important part of emulation in Dolphin) simply be listed as Discontinued, rather than "broken" as they're not?

Also what happens the day when there are no more broken or intro stuck games? Celebration? Ultra-perfect categories (by that I means that future challenge of trying to emulate not just the game, but the graphic feel of these games on modern hardware as on consoles and unlike PCs, game always seem to be softer and continue rather than the brute PC graphics where you can see the difference between different raw textures and objects)
I don't think there's ever going to be a good answer to this question, seeing as how there's really not an end to emulation. Something could always be done better, some new feature can always be added, or ported to some new system.
(09-16-2017, 01:09 PM)Ogre Wrote: [ -> ]In fact I long for the day when Bold, We Sing, Truth or Dare, Escape from Bug Island and Monster are finally fixed or at least start, so that it finally gets to 0 crossed.

There are some games that haven't been tested yet, A LOT of them. Some are rare or very unpopular. And maybe, all the games you mentioned, have been fixed as they don't update frequently. I tested myself a game with 3 stars that crashed when you opened the map and it resulted that the issue was fixed slightly before 5.0 and no one realized it! (The game is Overlord: Dark Legend)

And even, a lot of games with 3 or 4 stars rating may have been partly or totally fixed because a lot of them haven't been tested since 4.0-xxxx or even 3.0-xxx (3 years is a lot of progress), so the percentage of games with 5 stars rating "may" be higher
Regressions happen, the compatibility list is only a guideline that's useful for games tested often.

For anything else, it's pretty much just "hey this did this at some point."