Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: twilight proncess slow downs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey

when i play the legend of zelda twilight princess on the dolphin on my Cyberpowerpc desktop computer

i get alot of slowdowns, i tried the speed hack that did not fix it

so how can i fix it so the slowdowns does not happen
I need help please
why does my games i play on the dolphin lag and slow down on me for
Don't bump a thread within the first hour or two, we aren't that fast.

Secondly, here's some questions:
What games is this happening in?
What are your Dolphin settings?
What is the actual GPU that you have (model number)?
Does this happen in the latest dev build of Dolphin?
Do you have Windows set to High Performance in Windows Power management?
Do you have your GPU running the latest drivers? Are you running it in high performance mode?
hey staff

when i downloaded a older version of the dolphin emulator, the slowdowns and lags stopped for me

so i was running the latest Dolphin version 5.0-5421 that caused the lags and slowdowns to happen on my zelda twilight princess game for the gamecube
(09-16-2017, 04:33 AM)zara70 Wrote: [ -> ]hey staff

when i downloaded a older version of the dolphin emulator, the slowdowns and lags stopped for me

so i was running the latest Dolphin version 5.0-5421 that caused the lags and slowdowns to happen on my zelda twilight princess game for the gamecube

What GPU are you using? What video backend? If using nvidia, try to use the DX11 backend and "Hybrid" ubershaders. AMD seems to work better with the DX11 backend, so that might be the best option there too. Make sure your ubershaders option is not set to "exclusive" - that's just slower with no quality increase over hybrid (It's there to effectively work around a "bug" in nvidia's opengl drivers - DX11 is fine)

Either way, make sure you have the latest GPU drivers off the amd/nvidia website - the windows update ones are *not* good enough.

Make sure you don't have a non-1x Internal Resolution too - at least for performance testing - if that's fast you can slowly increase it.

Make sure your windows power mode is set to "high performance" (Only likely an issue on a laptop, but you never know)

Make sure the CPU core is set to the "JIT", not one of the interpreters (again, that should be the default, but you never know)