Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Save states slowing down the game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm playing RE4, and every time I try to load a save state it loads in at 10fps and stays that way indefinitely. I've tried pausing both the game and dolphin emulator for a while, but it makes no difference.

Anything I can do to fix this???
Thanks
Savestates can break games, don't use them in place of normal saves.
(09-15-2017, 09:57 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Savestates can break games, don't use them in place of normal saves.

Save states can break the game??? This is news to me...
how do they damage it? Does it break a lot, or only some games?
(09-16-2017, 01:32 AM)bernie6127 Wrote: [ -> ]Save states can break the game??? This is news to me...
how do they damage it? Does it break a lot, or only some games?

It depends, they can break your saves or stop working. They can also do things like cause the game to not work correctly.
Resident Evil series uses Performance Counters, which doesn't work in savestates. This is a bug specific to those games and there's not much we can do about it.
(09-17-2017, 04:46 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Resident Evil series uses Performance Counters, which doesn't work in savestates. This is a bug specific to those games and there's not much we can do about it.

So are you saying save states will glitch the game out for everyone? Or will it just mess up the stats?
Also I tried using manual saves, but when I load up the game again, the previous save I made was gone!! How/where did my saves go?
Savestates make it slower. You should check your memcard.