Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to properly eject disc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

delekates

Okay. So the thing is that i speedrun one game, and to do a sertain glitch or abuse dunno how to discribe - you need to simply take out the disc - move towards next load area and place disc back.
what it does? for this game it removes some textures and you might freely run out of bounce unless stuck on something something Big Grin
So i ask is there a way to SIMPLY eject a disc without emulation stopping because i cant do so on latest dolphin. I can only replace it.
If i try to place new disc and proceed to new load area it makes infinite error chain - if i uncheck: settings-interface-2nd box it wont show error box but will freeze emulation without further aliving. I tryed to place right disc but still no help.
(already tryed on previous patches - not working)
Does some 1 tryed to eject discs on GC how does it reacts. Thanks!
Currently, there is no way to do this with the emulator
We've added the ability to do this today, in 5.0-5551. You can technically also do it in older versions if you go to File > Change Disc and pick a file that isn't a valid GameCube/Wii game, but that's a bit annoying.

EDIT: Ignore that last part. I forgot that 5.0 was handling disc changes in a way that makes that not happen. It does work that way in development versions from the last year or so, but there's not much reason to use those instead of the most recent development version.