Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dual core enable/disable Command line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BTr

Hi all,

I'm using dolphin in Launchbox frontend inside an arcade cabinet, so i want to have the less access to keyboard as possible.

Some games like Contra Rebirth runs only with dual core option disabled, and some games with it enabled so i want to use a commandline in specific games to disable or enable the dual core option...
How can i do It? Which command line should i add? Thanks
It's currently not possible to set that option using command-line arguments. But if all you want is to have a way to set it to different values for different games, you can use game INIs instead.
Or just turn dualcore off and save yourself headache and avoid random crashes. The only time you want dualcore on is if Dolphin's GPU timings are so bad that it needs dualcore on to avoid a GPU bug.

BTr

(09-15-2017, 06:50 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Or just turn dualcore off and save yourself headache and avoid random crashes.  The only time you want dualcore on is if Dolphin's GPU timings are so bad that it needs dualcore on to avoid a GPU bug.

yeah, i just had this bug, thats the cause i opened this thread. I opened Fzero GX and got a gpu timing error...i enabled dual core again and it worked perfectly...is there a workaround for it?

the INI option sounds good to my case...how could i do it for each game?

BTr

(09-15-2017, 06:42 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]It's currently not possible to set that option using command-line arguments. But if all you want is to have a way to set it to different values for different games, you can use game INIs instead.

Sounds good...i just found contra rebirth INI in gamesettings folder, which option should i add for dual core enable / disable?
Please don't edit the INIs in Sys/GameSettings/. Instead, create an INI file in the GameSettings folder that's in the user folder (which by default is called Dolphin Emulator and is in Documents). The syntax is documented here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game

It really should be possible to run F-Zero GX without using dual core, though... Have you tried it in a recent development build of Dolphin?

BTr

(09-15-2017, 07:10 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't edit the INIs in Sys/GameSettings/. Instead, create an INI file in the GameSettings folder that's in the user folder (which by default is called Dolphin Emulator and is in Documents). The syntax is documented here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game

It really should be possible to run F-Zero GX without using dual core, though... Have you tried it in a recent development build of Dolphin?

yeah, just tried the lastest build (5495) and got the same error...

can you give me an example using Contra rebirth to disable only dual core and keep the other settings i did inside the emulator if it not asking you so much, should i save it as the same name it has in sys gamesettings? That should solve this issue for me
The F-Zero GX bug is just a panic handler, you can ignore it on Single Core. The game runs better on single core than dualcore after that.
(09-15-2017, 07:45 AM)BTr Wrote: [ -> ]can you give me an example using Contra rebirth to disable only dual core and keep the other settings i did inside the emulator if it not asking you so much

[Core]
CPUThread = False

(09-15-2017, 07:45 AM)BTr Wrote: [ -> ]should i save it as the same name it has in sys gamesettings?

That will work. You can use either the first three characters of the game ID, like in Sys/GameSettings/, or all six characters of the game ID.