Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin DirectX Shader Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On Dolphin 5.0, I have been trying to use shaders. Since my gpu, Intel HD Graphics 3000, only supports DirectX and does not have full Opengl support, I was wondering if the developers could add support for DirectX shaders.

I found out that the Post-Processing Shader Option only shows up when using the Opengl backend.

Is there any reason that this is not supported? From what I understand it would be easy to implement, but I could be mistaken.

I would really like to have this support so that I can play with and code Post-Processing Shaders.

Thanks
Nobody has bothered to implement it for the other backends.

PRs welcome.
(09-10-2017, 08:11 AM)seoulgamer Wrote: [ -> ]Why does Dolphin even have backends other than OpenGL if no one wants to work on them?

Because dolphin is a volunteer project? The devs only work on what they want to. This particular feature hasn't interested a dev knowledgeable enough about DirectX to tackle it.

It's not that nobody wants to work on non-OpenGL backends, just this particular feature hasn't yet been a priority to those devs that do work on those non-OpenGL backends.
I know some programming myself. Is there a way to get into Dolphin Development? What is the best way to learn how the code for Dolphin works? If I learned maybe I could make a first draft of this new feature.
(09-11-2017, 03:39 AM)sirfredrick Wrote: [ -> ]I know some programming myself. Is there a way to get into Dolphin Development? What is the best way to learn how the code for Dolphin works? If I learned maybe I could make a first draft of this new feature.

You probably want to join #dolphin-dev on freenode to get in contact and ask questions.