Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii game internal resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI,

I've noticed that GC games look fantastic when you up the internal res. and turn on some AA - great crisp lines etc...

However, when running WIi games, they don't seem to take the internal resolution into account, rendering at native instead - is this just a current issue with Wii games and is it likely to work at some point?

- Dan
It's always worked for me... what game where you using and what revision?

Some effects in games may force internal resolution (like going underwater)
I'm running the latest release (4525) using the OpenGL plugin.

One example game is Naurto Ninja Taisen EX3, with the internal res. set to 1280*1024 the edges to everything become blocky as if its running native and zooming the image up to that res - turning on AA doesn't seem to have much effect either. The same settings for the GC Naruto game result in really crisp hi-res graphics. (I picked the Naruto games to test this with as they run well under Dolphin, they make a good testbed for this).

I tried with The Conduit, same result, jaggy or fuzzy edges to all polygons as if the image has been zoomed in on.
Nobody else had this? I guess it must just be the things I'm running...
I heard it was an issue with OGL and real XFB or something. Try Dx9 if you're on windows
Hmm the DX9 plugin in somewhat undercooked as far as I remember, it doesn't even support internal resolution changes does it?

Turning on RealXFB would indeed cause that, so I haven't (it forces native resolution doesn't it)?

I can live without it, just thought it'd be nice to make things run at 1080p on my new TV - but lets face it, Wii emulation isn't quite there yet.
Dx9 has developed, it even faster than OGL for most games and has custom resolutions too
I'll give that a spin when I get home then, I always thought of it as the "not so useful" graphics plug-in.