Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my computer good for dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

someguy

just asking is my computer good for dolphin... i m new i have absolutely no experience except i do own a wii and have used a playstation emulater on my computer.
Specifications-
Intel Pentium Dual Cpu T3200 3.0ghz
3.0 Gbs of ram
32 bit windows
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family
Intel® High Definition Audio HDMI
Latest version of direct x
if theres anything else you guys need to know just ask..
thanks for your time Big Grin
this question has been asked 5 times a day lately, i think people just want to brag about their new computers. to answer the question - YES ITS FINE!
(11-12-2009, 01:46 PM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]this question has been asked 5 times a day lately, i think people just want to brag about their new computers. to answer the question - YES ITS FINE!

Just tell everyone NO its not

but this question is asked far too many times.

If you own or plan to upgrade ANY CPU ABOVE AMD X2 5600+ will work for most or all games (the playable ones)
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Not only does this anwser What cpu you should buy, but it anwsers the is my cpu ok for dolphin question.
Buy the best cpu on that list you can afford.
(11-12-2009, 01:46 PM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]this question has been asked 5 times a day lately, i think people just want to brag about their new computers. to answer the question - YES ITS FINE!

I don't really think he's bragging though, seeing as that's not really a laptop to brag about.

embertin

Hey all,

I am just asking some for laptop.. Which laptop should be better for Dolphin? I am new
for this one please help me. Which one is the better Laptop or Pc and Why??
Depends on your bank account.
I am planning to buy a new laptop, has anybody a similar:

Processor C2D 2,2 GHz Intel t6600 ,Chipset PM45
RAM 4G DDRIII
VGA Nvidia NV10MGS 512M

I mean how does the graphic card perform with dolphin...
^That sounds like an integrated graphics card or onboard graphics, correct? I am not sure, I am unfamiliar with that graphics card model.

I don't think that would be good for Dolphin, although I have not tried to run Dolphin on machines other than my own yet.

The CPU seems like it would do pretty good though. A higher clock speed for the CPU would benefit I'm sure.

If you are looking to get the best value for money, a desktop is the best way to get power if that alternative is suitable for you.
(11-12-2009, 01:46 PM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]to answer the question - YES ITS FINE!

Really?! He doesn't even have a Graphics Card and it's fine? O.o

Quite interesting, those intel chipsets seem to be of some use after all ^^
Pages: 1 2