Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Make game use different save file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two ROMs of Pokémon XD, one being the normal game, and the other being a hackrom, however when I play the hackrom, it accesses the save file for the normal game, and I don't want that, I want the hackrom to use its own save file. Is there any way to change how Dolphin accesses the save file for a second version of the same game? Changing the Game ID didn't do it, neither did changing the Internal Name of the game, and I can't find anything that answers this question, either. Has anyone managed to do this before?
If changing the game ID in the disc header didn't do it, you'll have to hack the game's code.
I booted the hackrom after changing its Game ID in the header, and it kept reading the save file for the normal game, so yeah, I guess I'd have to do that, which I can't, so I guess I'll just have to delete the save file after backing it up.
The simplest way to do it would be to have a second copy of Dolphin that uses portable.txt to keep everything isolated from your main Dolphin build.